Leaving Finland

Image
Lake Jyvasjarvi I have never lived anywhere for 5 months other than Jyvaskyla, Finland. As my Fulbright journey concludes, there is so much to still digest. It will take months, if not years, to truly assimilate all the learning. Before I left Southern California, I wrote about the what I would miss the most from home and what I  looked forward to experiencing in Finland. It is safe to say I met my goals. Top 7 Goals 1. Discussing Education Helsinki Workshop Through professional development programs, Fulbright Finland connected teachers with scholars and researchers, for the purpose of putting inquisitive minds together. The Making Democracies Resilient to Modern Threats seminar provided participants with fascinating research and presentations. 2. Nordic Model Bus station in Espoo What does an efficient and earnest country look like?  It looks like Finland. Yes, people pay higher taxes, but get so much in return. I for one appreciated the well-maintained ro

Lamar Queen, the Rapping Math Sensation, is Honored and Fired by LAUSD

Kudos to Mr. Queen who along with fellow L.A. Academy teacher Jimmy Pascascio earned a Video in the Classroom award for their work on PEMDAS-Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally-Secondary Math Video. Mr. Queen's last day at L.A. Academy will be June 30th.


You can view Mr. Queen's videos by clicking on the links below. The awards will be broadcast Sunday, June 28th, at 3:00 p.m.



Comments

  1. Mr.Queen is the best i had him in 8th grade and his singing made it easy to learn math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are the lyrics to your slope intercept rap

    ReplyDelete
  3. tamanna; student from YOKAMay 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

    i am one of the students from Young Oak Kim Academy (YOKA). i love the way u rap in math. i wish u could come to our school again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to Mr. Queen Im getting A's on my paper

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leaving Finland

When Typical Means Outstanding

The People who Make Fulbright Happen